* GHIAA [dʒi:a] : Global Hydrogen Industrial Association Alliance
Faced with the global climate crisis, many countries are promoting decarbonization policies utilizing hydrogen. Accordingly, the representative hydrogen associations of 21 countries shared a deep understanding of the importance of public-private cooperation and joined GHIAA(“Global Hydrogen Industry Association Alliance”) as the platform for international communication. Together, by gathering our influence and knowledge, we will accelerate the realization of hydrogen economy, paving the way for a more sustainable future.
- GHIAA was first introduced on September 2021, when 13 Hydrogen Associations* signed LOI to launch GHIAA as the platform for international communication. To lay the groundwork, the members agreed on the articles of association and opened an official website.
* Korea, Europe, United States, Australia, Canada, France, Norway, England, Spain, Netherlands, Chile, China, Singapore
- GHIAA was then officially launched on May 2022 during H2MEET event in Korea with five more Hydrogen Associations* joining. At the inaugural meeting, the chairman of H2KOREA, Jaedo Moon was appointed as a chair and the president & CEO of FCHEA, Frank Wolak as a vice-chair. GHIAA Forum was held where each participating Associations introduce national hydrogen industry and policy trend.
* Denmark, Sweden, Argentina, Colombia, Germany
- On October 2022 during EU Hydrogen Week in Brussels, GHIAA held the second general meeting. The CEO of Hydrogen Europe, Jorgo Chatzimarkakis was appointed as a vice-chair, filling the vacant seat, while two more Associations* joined GHIAA. As COP 27 was approaching, GHIAA submitted a joint statement to COP secretariat as a call to action to accelerate the deployment of hydrogen in the industry.
* Japan, Hungary
- On February 2023 during Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Seminar in California, GHIAA convened the third general meeting where 2022 annual report was published to provide a valuable information of the global hydrogen industry status and policy trends. GHIAA also discussed a measure to cooperate with the Hydrogen for Development Partnership (H4D) initiated by World Bank, a new global initiative to boost the deployment of low-carbon hydrogen in developing countries.
- On September 2023 during H2MEET event in Korea, GHIAA hosted the fourth general meeting and Forum. GHIAA adopted ‘the Joint Declaration in Seoul’ to promote international cooperation and financial investment as well as its future cooperative activities to realize the hydrogen economy. During the Forum, the Associations including a new member to GHIAA*, introduced their recently released hydrogen strategies and updates on hydrogen policy.
Below is the overview of participating Associations:
President & CEO of
CEO of Hydrogen
President and CEO of CHFCA
President of H2CHILE
CEO & Founder of Hydrogen Energy Assocation(HEA)
Javier Brey Sánchez
Chairman of AeH2
William van Niekerk
Chairman of NWBA
Ingebjørg Telnes Wilhelmsen
Secretary General of NHF
Secretary General of IHFCA
President of HFCAS
CEO of AHC
President of Hydrogen Colombia
Technical leader of H2ar Consortium
Tejs Laustsen Jensen
CEO of Hydrogen Denmark
Chairman of Hydrogen Sweden
Chairman of DWV
President of Hungarian Hydrogen Technology Association(HH2)